Datasets uploaded to Mango are completely private and not accessible to any third party unless you make them accessible.
By default, all datasets are set to Internal access view access, meaning only the account owner can view the dataset when signed in to Mango.
Like map access permissions, datasets have two permission types: Who can view the dataset, and Who can edit the dataset.
Data Access settings give you complete control over who can view, edit, update, re-upload, or download your datasets.
Dataset Access Summary
Who can view a dataset
Public datasets have no restrictions. They will appear on your public Data portal, can be downloaded by anyone on the internet, and can be
Internal (Named users only)
Internal datasets are restricted to Group access. Users in a Group with View access can see this dataset in their Data portal. They can download the dataset, but cannot edit the dataset in Mango.
If you’re not using the Users & Groups feature, Internal means only you. Public, anonymous users cannot view or download a dataset which is set to Internal.
Who can edit a dataset
Datasets can be edited by the Account Owner, as well as any Administrator or Data Editor in a group with Edit permissions for a given dataset. Private Viewers in a group with Edit permissions can never edit data, as their role does not allow edit rights.
Configuring Dataset Access
To grant view or edit access to Users or to the public via your Mango Portal, you must change the access setting for each dataset.
- Open your Data portal by clicking on DATA PORTAL in your administration sidebar
- Open the dataset you want to update
- In the dataset view, click on the ACCESS tab on your administration sidebar
- On the Who can access this data tab, select from either Public or Internal (internal is the default). If you wish to grant view access to your add-on Users, click the setting button and select the Groups you want to grant view permissions.
- On the Who can edit this data tab, set which Groups you want to give edit access. If no Groups are selected, only you can edit the dataset.
Need more help with this?
✉ Email the Mango support team