Mango support GeoJSON files containing coordinates in Lat/Lon (WGS84) format
Files can use either .json or .geojson extension.
Mango only supports one type of geometry feature per file.
GeoJSON containing multiple geometry types are handled in different ways, based on the first feature in the JSON.
- If the first feature is a point, points will be imported and all other features will be discarded.
- If the first feature is a polygon, polygons will be imported and all other features will be discarded on import.
- If the first feature is a line, line features will be imported, polygon features will be imported as line features, and points will be discarded on import.
Any style data contained in the JSON will be discarded. After upload, you can style your data in the Layer Style panel.
GeoJSON Upload Errors
You may get a GeoJSON upload error if:
- Your data is not in WGS84 Geographic (Lat Long) coordinates.
- Your data contains a mix of geometries such as points, lines and polygons. This may cause import errors, discard some feature types, or display some features incorrectly.
- Your JSON data is incorrectly formatted.
- Your data is in TopoJSON format.
Need more help with this?
✉ Email the Mango support team