As a Partner, Mango forms one part of the service you provide to a client, and as such we want to ensure you have full control over what is seen within the Mango interface.
Whether the client will see references to Mango when signed in to their account depends on the access you give them.
Think of your role as a Partner in the Mango user hierarchy as follows:
- Partner (you)
- Account Owner (the user credentials you set during client account creation with full access to manage maps, data, and add-on users)
- Administrator (add-on role with assignable map and data creation and edit permissions)
- Data Editor (add-on role with assignable data editing permissions)
- Private Viewer (add-on role with assignable view-only permissions)
As the Partner, you have full control to decide what access each client is provided, based on their needs and your agreement with them for services you will provide.
For example, if you provide the client with full ‘Account Owner’ access, they will see the complete administration interface just as you do now with your standard account, with the exception of the Account panel. This means they will not have access to billing and plan details, or the user quota. The Mango references they will see are within the administration panels such as this link to a Mango article in the Map Settings panel:
Additionally, for clients with ‘Account Owner’ access, you can also choose whether they will be able to receive technical support from Mango when creating the account:
- If support is enabled, the client will be able to send messages to us via the support messenger and access the Mango documentation from the Support button on the admin panel.
- If support is disabled, the client will not see the Support button on the admin sidebar and we will not communicate with the client.
However, if you provide the client with an Administrator, Data Editor, or Private Viewer login, the client will not see any Mango branding or references, just as an add-on user on a standard account experiences the Mango interface. By enabling white label and a custom domain, the client would sign in via a white-labeled page on the custom domain, and the available tools within Mango will not have any reference to Mango. As the Partner, you will still have full access to manage the account via your Partner dashboard.
Choosing the access you provide will depend on what the clients needs are:
- If the client needs the ability to create maps and datasets, and manage add-on users, you can provide them Account Owner access, with the above Mango visibility and support access in mind.
- If the client needs the ability to only create maps and data, you can create an Administrator add-on for them to use. In this scenario, if the client wanted more users, you would manage any add-on users they require by increasing their quota, and creating the users.
- If the client needs only secured, signed-in view access for maps and datasets, but will not perform any creation or editing of maps and data, you can create a Private Viewer role for them to use.
You can add any combination of add-on users to a client’s account to suit the client’s needs.
Need more help with this?
✉ Email the Mango support team