Need a new account name? Here's how to change it.
Mango uses the Account name you provide when you sign up as your public URL for any public maps and datsets you share. eg.: mangomap.com/account-name/maps
To change your account name:
- Open your Account settings panel from the administration sidebar by clicking on your name in the lower left and click on Account.
- In the Account section, click the Update button.
- Enter a new account name
- Click Save
When you change your name, type in your account name as you want it to display, with any capitalization you require. We’ll generate a web-browser friendly URL version of your preferred name, which you can see previewed below your new name.
This is the URL the public and your Users will use to access your portal, and public maps and datasets (except if you’re using a custom domain).
Users with a custom domain will will find their portal URL at your-custom-domain.com/account-name
Update external links
You may have links to your maps or portal in websites, email footers, or anywhere online that point to your portal.
If you change from, let’s say mangomap.com/acme-maps to mangomap.com/acme-incorporated, Mango can't and won't redirect your old links, and anyone trying to visit your map at mangomap.com/acme-maps/2110 after changing your account name will see an error page.
Some things to remember if you choose to change your Account name.
- We will not set up redirects for your old portal URL.
- We will not set up redirects for your old map URLs.
- We will not set up redirects for your old dataset URLs.
- Renaming may take a few minutes to complete.