Uncover connections between features. The Proximity Analysis tool empowers you to delve into the spatial relationships between features within your Mangomap datasets.
Ask key questions, get quick answers. Imagine easily finding out:
- How many homes are within 5 miles of a hospital?
- Are any highways within 500 meters of a stream?
- Which properties fall within a specific zoning area?
The proximity tool allows Administrators to customize results in a report using variables from the results table, and also choose how the results can be viewed and downloaded.
Proximity Analysis on requires single-part shapes. Queries using multi-part shapes will not return results.
To activate Proximity Analysis on a map, select Toolbox > Proximity Analysis
- Name your tool: Make it specific to your map's purpose.
- Describe it clearly: Guide users with a brief explanation or instructions.
- Choose units: Select your preferred measurement unit for the search.
- Highlight results: Pick a color to visually distinguish selected and relevant features.
- Select layers: Choose the layers involved in your analysis.
- Layer Settings: Fine-tune each layer's search scope and limitations.
Layer Name: It’s best to use brief, descriptive names so that it is clear to users what data they are querying.
Filter Options: Enable Filter by attribute fields, and select the fields you wish to appear in the Proximity filter.
To query the spatial relationship between two different layers, both layers must be activated and configured in the Proximity Analysis settings.
The results output of the search allows you to tailor the results to the user’s needs. You can allow users to view results as a table, view a pre-configured report using the report builder, or download results in a spatial file.
Returns a table of values for the selected field.