The Query Tool allows users to rapidly dive into your data with rule based queries to discover features of interest contained within your map.
Features that match the query will be highlighted on the map, and users are able to view results as a table, download a spatial file of results, or view an on-screen report based on customizable and pre-configured reporting widgets.
To configure the Query Tool, first enable it in your Toolbox.
STEP 1: Query Tool Settings
Give your Query a name and description. These appear in the map’s tools sidebar to help your users understand the purpose of the query. Next, set the units (metric/imperial), and a highlight color for the Query results. Click NEXT
STEP 2: Select layers
All layers in your map are available to be queried. Enable a layer you want to include by switching the toggle to ON and click the button.
STEP 3: Filter Options
- Filter by Value - Refine which attributes you want to be used in the query. If enabled, only selected fields will appear in the query results.
- Filter by area or location - Lets the user draw a shape to define their query boundaries. If this is not enabled, the query will apply to all features in the dataset.
- View results as a report - allows users to view a pre-configured report.
To configure report widgets, activate the report and click the Next button. See Custom Report Configuration below.
- View results as table - allows users to view a table of query results.
- Download results - allows users to download a spatial file of the query results in selected formats.
Custom Report Configuration
Create a report widget by clicking the ADD REPORT WIDGET button and choose your widget type. You can create a Custom Report, or an Aggregate Table – pre-populated with a summary of the numerical fields in your dataset. To edit the contents of a widget, click the button to open the widget editor.
The custom editor allows you to create a completely custom report via a WYSIWYG editor. You can include computed MIN, MAX, MEAN, MEDIAN and TOTAL for numeric attributes, as well as building custom equations with the query results.
Once you have configured your custom report, click DONE to close the report editor, then DONE to close the layer wizard. You’ll return to STEP 2 where you can enable other layers and configure their query settings. Run through the setup wizard for each layer you need, and once complete, click SAVE & EXIT to activate the tool.
Users can perform the search by clicking on the Query Tool on the map’s tools sidebar.