Attribute Variables are dynamic placeholders for the the attribute fields in your data. We use the field name (or column name if you are using CSV data). Variables are wrapped in curly brackets like this
These variables are used to dynamically display the values for each field for any selected feature. This lets you get creative when displaying feature popup information.
To insert an Attribute variable into the Custom popup editor, just click the + Attribute button on the editor screen and choose which variable to add.
Variables can be used in lots of different ways:
- they can be used in styled text to create compelling stories from your data
- create dynamic equations with numerical attributes
- visualise numerical data as pie and bar charts
- use conditional statements that display dynamic text based on the value for a selected feature
- display summary values in custom reports for query and proximity search
- use conditional statements that display dynamic text based on the summary values in custom reports for query and proximity search
- dynamically load unique images based on data attributes