Pro rate means a 'proportion of' the full amount. Learn how we calculate pro rata charges for upgrades and credit for downgrades.
Mango applies account upgrades, downgrades, and add-ons immediately when you confirm a change to your subscription, so how much do you pay when you upgrade mid-billing cycle?
Charges for upgrades (and credit for downgrades) are applied pro-rata, or as a ‘proportion of’ the full price based on the day of the billing cycle when the billing change occurs.
You can upgrade plans at any time, and start using the new features immediately. When upgrading your account, we bill the difference between your current plan and new plan remaining days in your billing cycle.
Midway through your billing cycle, you upgrade your Monthly Business plan ($99) to the Monthly Enterprise plan ($199).
- We raise a charge for proportion of the billing cycle remaining at the new Enterprise plan rate
199 * 0.5 = 99.50
- We credit your account for the unused remainder of your old Business plan
99.50 – 49.50 = 50
- You credit card is charged the pro rata amount of $50.00
You can downgrade your account at any time.
Downgrades are effective immediately, meaning you may lose some map functionality such as branding, map tools, or custom domain. Some features must be manually disabled before the downgrade can proceed. You'll see a message informing you of the features not available on the downgrade if this is the case.
If you downgrade mid-billing cycle, the proportion of your plan cost for the remainder of the billing cycle will be credited to your new plan.
Any remaining credit on your account is returned as a credit on your account. Account credits will be applied to your next renewal.
One week into your billing cycle, you downgrade from Monthly Business ($99) to Monthly Professional ($49). Approximately 75% of your current billing cycle remains.
- We credit your account 75% of the Monthly Business charge – approximately $75
- We raise a charge for the pro-rata amount of the Monthly Professional plan for the remainder of the billing cycle. In this case $37, with the remaining $38 credit still available on your account.
75 - 37 = 38
- On the next billing date, we apply the $38 credit to your invoice, and charge the remaining $11 required to settle the invoice to your credit card on file.
49 - 38 = 11
Note: the above calculations are estimates only.