Mango is down or experiencing performance issues - what should I do?
Performance issues can be caused by any number of things. If you or your map users start running into trouble, start by checking the status page for any ongoing issues.
If the status page states that everything is operational, see the following troubleshooting guide:
General performance issues troubleshooting
Step One: Check for a service incident
- If you experience performance issues, check the Mango status page
Step Two: Basic troubleshooting
There are some quick initial steps you can take to improve your systems performance right away.
- Make sure your browser and system are up to date and match our requirements.
- Clear the cache and cookies on your browser
- Restart your computer, restart your browser, and close out any background programs or extra tabs and windows. These steps help clear out any errors or issues happening in the background and free up processing power to help your system run more smoothly.
Keep your browser tabs and windows to a minimum. If you have a large number of Mango tabs or windows open at once, this can cause slowness and interference between tabs.
Step Three: Narrow down the scope of the issue
After attempting some basic troubleshooting steps, it is important to understand the scope of the issue. Consider these questions before you proceed:
- Is the issue is affecting just you, a few users, or everyone on your team?
- If the issue impacts multiple users, are all users working in the same location? Are all agents on the same network?
- How long has this issue been occurring? When did the issue start?
- Is this the first time this issue has happened? If it occurred previously, when did it occur and how frequently?
- Does switching to an incognito (or private) browsing mode help resolve the issue?
If switching to incognito mode provides a resolution, it's likely a browser issue is at the heart of your problem.
Step Four: Check your hardware, software, and network
This section is helpful for instances where the problem is either affecting multiple users on your Mango account, or it is only affecting one user and the previous steps did not resolve the issue.
- Disable any browser extensions you have and test again.
- If possible, connect to a mobile hotspot or other network to check if it is a network issue.
- The issue may be caused by how multiple applications are interacting with each other. This article has more on that approach: Avoid conflicts between applications.
- If the issue is affecting only users on the same network, reach out to your IT team or Internet Service Provider.
Step Five: When all else fails
We’re very sorry none of the previous steps have helped resolve your performance issues. To help us get you back up and running as quickly as possible, collect the following information to send along with your support ticket:
- Gather information about your system and browser and include it in your support request so the agent is able to tailor their troubleshooting to your specific situation.
- Most importantly, when you contact Mango Support, provide detailed information on the following:
- Describe the issue in detail and what you expect should happen if the system were working correctly.
- Let the agent know the information you gathered in step 3: Who is affected, when did it start, and so on.
- Let the agent know what troubleshooting you’ve done already so they don’t waste time replicating or asking you to run tests you’ve already done.