Advice on reporting issues to ensure our development team have all the necessary information required to debug and resolve your issue.
While we endeavour to never let bugs escape into the wild, the are an inevitable consequence of a complex and massive code base like Mango.
Ensuring we have comprehensive information about the steps required to replicate the issue ensures we can test, replicate, and escalate an issue to the appropriate development team in a timely manner.
Before you log an issue
Before you submit a bug report, ensure that the unexpected behaviour can be repeated. In software, if an issue cannot be repeated, it cannot be fixed.
Also ensure that the cause of the issue you are experiencing is not due to an unsupported browser, or the device you are using. Please see:
If you are using an unsupported browser, please update your browser or try to replicate the issue on a supported browser. If you are able to replicate the issue, please submit a bug report.
Issues that only appear on unsupported browsers are not able to be resolved.
If we cannot replicate an issue in the first instance, we will reach out for more detailed information. The more detailed information you are able to provide in the first instance will help reduce the amount of time required for clarification.
Screenshot and screen recording tools
Sometimes it's hard to put issues into words. Maybe the steps needed to reproduce the issue is long and complicated, or it's something that just needs to be seen to be understood.
Recording a short video of the steps leading to an issue helps us quickly replicate the issue, determine it's scope, and triage the issue appropriately.
There is a variety of free screen recording tools available that you can use to record the issue and share with us. Here are a few of our favourites:
Loom is a simple to use screen recorder that works on any desktop or laptop running Chrome. Once the recording is finished, the video is uploaded automatically and the video link is copied to your clipboard which can be pasted in the support chat or an email.
Loom is available for Chrome
Nimbus is a versatile screenshot and screen recording plugin for Chrome and Firefox. Create a free Nimbus Note account to store and share screen recordings.
Gyazo is a handy free screenshot app for Windows, Mac, iPhone, and Android. It lets you grab screenshots or short animated gifs and uploads them to the cloud for instant sharing. It also works on Linux.
What to include in your bug report
All issues should be reported with the following information:
- A clear title that describes the issue
- The minimal steps necessary to reproduce the issue
- What you expected to happen
- What actually happened
- A short video showing the steps to reproduce, or screenshots that clearly illustrate the issue in context
- The supported environment the issue appears on, including operating system and browser version. eg. "Android 8.1, Chrome 70.0.3538.110", or "iPhone X A1901, Safari 12.1.1"
For example, here's how we would log a bug:
Issue: Measurement tool does not switch to miles
Steps to reproduce
1. Enable the Measurement tool
2. Set the Unit of Measurement to "Miles / Acres / Feet"
3. Open the measurement tool
4. Select "Measure distances"
5. Draw a line greater than 1 mile on the map
6. Observe the reported length of the line
The measurement should switch from feet to miles when the length is greater than 1 mile.
The measurement does not change from feet at any point. eg. 36,500 feet
Windows 10, Firefox 39.x
How to log an issue with Mango Support
You can also:
- Submit a request via the in-app Support widget when signed in to your account; or
- Send us an email email@example.com